With the first day of Spring only a couple of days away, it’s a good idea to start preparing your home for Spring. The weather in Spring can vary from warm and sunny to cold and rainy there’s even a possibility of snow. It’s important you prepare your home for all weather eventualities. In this article, we explain our top tips for preparing your home for Spring.
Preparing Your Home For Spring
As the seasons change, homeowners can be faced with numerous issues as the weather transitions from one season to another. Preparing your home for spring will ensure your property is ready to tackle all weather eventualities that may occur. Spring is the time of year where we start thinking about making improvements to our property so, we’ve gathered our top tips for preparing your home for Spring.
6 Tips On Preparing Your Home For Spring
Here are our 5 tips for preparing your home for Spring:
- ‘Spring’ clean your house – There’s no better time than Spring to give your home a good and thorough clean. During a deep spring clean you should declutter your home, clean the kitchen, bathroom(s), bedroom(s) and give your carpets and hard flooring an intensive clean.
- Book your boiler in for an annual service – In Spring, the weather starts to warm up so, we become less reliant on our boilers. Reward your boiler for all it’s hard work in the winter by booking it in for its annual boiler service. It’s important you have your boiler serviced once a year by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer to give you peace of mind your boiler is operating safely and efficiently. It will also identify any issues with your boiler which you will need a Gas Engineer to fix.
- Clear your drain and gutters – This Winter, our homes have battled through a number of bad storms. Spring is the perfect time to clear your drains and gutters. Remove any leaves and twigs that may be obstructing or blocking the water from flowing properly through the gutters.
- Check your home for leaks – Have a look around your home checking the walls and floors for water stains mold and leaks. It’s important if you have a leak or an issue with your plumbing that you get it resolved ASAP. The risk of delaying your plumbing repairs can cause major problems for your home.
- Give your walls a fresh lick of paint – Although redecorating your home is expensive and time consuming, you could paint a feature wall in one of your rooms to give it a new look. Giving the walls a fresh lick of paint will brighten up your home ready for Spring.
Arrange Your Annual Boiler Service With Woods Building Maintenance
Arrange your annual boiler service with Woods Building Maintenance for a date and time that suits you. All of our gas engineers are on the Gas Safe Register with years of experience within the industry and have extensive knowledge on a range of leading boiler brands so, you can have peace of mind your annual boiler service will be carried out safely and efficiently.
It is vital you have an annual boiler service to ensure your boiler is operating safely and efficiently. During a boiler service, our gas engineer will carry out several checks and tests on your boiler to ensure it is operating adequately to optimum capacity without any issues. For more information on what is checked during a boiler service read our typical boiler service checklist.
Reactive Maintenance Services
Woods Building Maintenance are a reactive maintenance company based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. We deliver a wide range of reactive maintenance services to both domestic and commercial properties across the North of England. Our maintenance services are available 24/7, 365 days a year so, we are always available to take care of all your maintenance requirements.
Our maintenance services include, but are not limited to:
- New Boiler Installation
- Replacement Boiler Installation
- Gas Services
- Electrical Services
- Plumbing Services
- Drainage Services
- Glazing and Locks Services
At Woods Building Maintenance, we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional reactive maintenance services at the lowest possible price without compromising on quality. Our team of friendly helpdesk advisers are always available to answer any questions you may have and aim to have the relevant tradesperson to your property asap.