As the dark nights draw in and the temperature begins to plummet the British winter is well and truly in full swing. Wind, rain, snow, ice and chilling temperatures can make it difficult to keep your home warm and cosy. In this article, we explain how to keep your home warm this winter.
How to Keep your Home Warm this Winter
Although there’s nothing you can do to stop it getting cold outside, you can make sure your home keeps warm this winter. Here at Woods Building Maintenance, our heating experts have put together tips to help keep your home warm and cosy this Winter.
5 Tips to Keep your Home Warm this Winter
The heating experts at Woods Building Maintenance have put together our top 5 tips to keep your home warm this winter:
- Book an Annual Boiler Service – People often overlook the importance of having an annual boiler service and don’t get it checked regularly. Booking your boiler in for an annual service is vital to ensure your boiler will keep your home warm, comfortable and provides you with hot water. For more information on the importance of a boiler service read our 5 reasons to book an annual boiler service.
- Set a Timer for your Central Heating – Programme your boiler to turn on the heating a little earlier than normal to heat your home. For example, 30 minutes before you get up in the morning and before you get home from work.
- Block Draughts – Cold air coming into your house through gaps around your windows, door, electrical outlets, light fixtures and gaps in corners can cause your home to lose heat. Blocking draughts inside your home will help to keep the cold out this Winter.
- Insulate your Home – Properly insulating your home will help to prevent heat from escaping. A cold draught can cause your home to lose heat. If you insulate your home, it will significantly reduce heat loss and also lower your heating bills.
- Upgrade to an Energy Efficient Boiler – If you’ve got an old, inefficient and unreliable boiler then, upgrading to a new ‘A’ rated energy efficient boiler you can rely on will keep your home toasty this winter. Not only will a new boiler heat your home, but it will also bring you substantial savings on your heating bill. For more information on how to save on your heating bill read our 10 ways to save money on your heating bill. If you need a new boiler installation, call Woods Building Maintenance today on 0330 3530 365. We can install your new boiler within just 24 hours of your enquiry at the most competitive price. All of our Gas engineers are on the Gas Safe Register so, you can have peace of mind that all new boiler installations are completed safely and effectively to the highest standard. Contact us to request a free boiler quote.
Boiler Servicing from Woods Building Maintenance
How often should your boiler be serviced? You should book your boiler in for a regular service to ensure it is operating safely and efficiently to its highest level. Booking your boiler in for a service once a year will help to reduce the risk of boiler breakdown and help lengthen its lifespan. Most people overlook the importance of an annual boiler service, but here’s 5 reasons to book an annual boiler service.
To book your annual boiler service in with Woods Building Maintenance please call us 0330 3530 365 or alternatively you can use our online boiler service booking form. One of our friendly helpdesk advisers will book your boiler service in for a date and time suitable to you. All of our engineers are on the Gas Safe Register so, you can have peace of mind all boiler services carried out by us are completed safely and efficiently to the highest standard.
Reactive Maintenance Company
Woods Building Maintenance are a reactive maintenance company based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. We deliver a range of reactive maintenance services to both domestic and commercial properties across the North of England. Our maintenance services are available 24/7, 365 days a year supported by our 24/7 helpdesk.
Our services include:
- Building maintenance
- Gas services
- Plumbing services
- Electrical services
- Glazing and locks services
- Drainage services
- Maintenance services
Here at Woods Building Maintenance, we pride ourselves on offering exceptional reactive maintenance services at a competitive price without compromising on quality. Due to our high work ethic, superior service delivery and first class customer service we have quickly become a well-established maintenance company within our sector. From the moment you contact one of our friendly helpdesk advisers, you will receive first class customer care. Our advisers are always available to take care of your issue and send out the relevant tradesperson to your property ASAP.