If it’s time to invest in a new boiler for your home, then you may be wondering how long does it take to install a new boiler? Exactly how long it takes to install a new boiler can depend on several factors. In this article, we highlight how long does it take to install a new boiler.
So, How Long Does it Take To Install a New Boiler?
How long it takes to install a new boiler in your home can vary depending on a number of factors. However, typically speaking if you are replacing your old boiler with a newer model of the same boiler type, in the same location then it should take no longer than 1 day to install. For a conversion it should take between 1 to 2 days.
Factors that Impact How Long it Takes To Install a New Boiler
There are several factors which can impact how long it takes to install a new boiler these include:
- New Location – If you are moving your boiler to a new location the engineer may need to change the run of existing pipework or install new pipework to route the new desired location and cap off the existing pipework. Changing the location of the boiler could take an additional half a day to a full day to complete. However, the further away the boiler is moved from the original location, the more time it could take as more pipework may be required.
- System Upgrade – Changing the type of boiler you have is known as a system upgrade. Depending on your current boiler type and what you are changing to can affect how long it takes to complete your installation.
- Power Flush – Before every new boiler is installed we will perform a hot chemical flush which can take approximately 1-2 hours to complete. This will remove any pre-existing rust, sludge or debris in the system which could cause damage to your new boiler. However, if the system is old or inefficient then we recommend a power flush which usually takes around 5 hours to complete. Find out what is a power flush.
- Upgrading your Gas Mains – If you’re upgrading your older boiler to a newer model, then your pipework may not be suitable for the new boiler model you want to install. Updated Gas Safe regulations requires pipework to be 22mm as a minimum whereas, older boilers required 15mm. Therefore, if your pipework doesn’t meet the Gas Safe regulations you will need to have it upgraded which can take anything from a few hours to a few days. We recommend speaking to your Gas Safe engineer first to see how long it will take.
New Boiler Installation
Do you need a new boiler? Look no further! Woods Building Maintenance offer unbeatable new boiler deals to make investing in a new boiler for your home easy and hassle-free. We can even install your new boiler within just 24 hours of your enquiry. Our team of qualified Gas Engineers are on the Gas Safe Register with years of experience within industry so, you can have peace of mind all boilers installed by our team are completed safely and efficiently to the highest standard. When it comes to choosing a new boiler for your home you want to make sure you make the right decision. With so many different boiler brands and models on the market it can be quite overwhelming to know which will meet your needs so, we’ve put together our 5 best combi boilers for 2020.
To request a free no obligation new boiler quote please call us on 0330 3530 365 or simply fill in our online quote form. One of our heating experts will then contact you to confirm the details of your enquiry, conduct a home survey and issue you with a free no obligation boiler quote. If you decide to go ahead with the quotation we will arrange a suitable date and time to install your new boiler.
Reactive Maintenance Company
Woods Building Maintenance are a reactive maintenance company based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. We deliver a range of reactive maintenance services to both domestic and commercial properties throughout the North of England. Our maintenance services are available 24/7, 365 days a year supported by our own 24/7 helpdesk.
Our maintenance services include, but are not limited to:
- New boiler installation
- Gas services
- Plumbing services
- Electrical services
- Glazing and locks services
- Reactive maintenance
- Maintenance services
From the moment you contact one of our friendly helpdesk advisers, you will receive first class customer care. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional reactive maintenance services at the lowest possible price without compromising on quality.
If you require our assistance please call us on 0330 3530 365 or simply contact us online.