The importance of having an annual boiler service is often overlooked and too many people often don’t have their boilers checked regularly. Taking care of your boiler is vital as it keeps your home warm, comfortable and provides you with hot water. In this article, we explain 5 reasons to book an annual boiler service.
Why is an Annual Boiler Service Important?
It is important to have an annual boiler service to ensure your boiler is operating safely and efficiently to its maximum capacity minimising the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. A boiler service is essential and is relatively inexpensive to carry out. During a boiler service, the gas safe engineers will carry out several checks and tests on your boiler to ensure it is operating correctly without any issues. The service will help to reduce the risk of boiler breakdown and lengthen it’s lifespan. Find out more about what is included during a typical boiler service checklist.
5 Reasons to Book an Annual Boiler Service
If you’re unsure why you need a boiler service, here are 5 reasons to book an annual boiler service:
- To keep you and your family safe – One of the most important reasons you need an annual boiler service is to keep you and your family safe. If your boiler is not operating correctly then it can release carbon monoxide which is poisonous. Servicing your boiler will give you peace of mind that your boiler is operating safely or it can highlight any issues and repairs your boiler may need before it causes serious damage to your health.
- Keep your boiler warranty intact – With most boiler warranties, the manufacturers require you to have an annual service to keep the warranty valid. If you do not have your boiler serviced every 12 months by a Gas Safe engineer whilst your boiler is under warranty then your warranty could be void and if a problem occurs, then it is likely you are liable to pay the full repair cost.
- Pick up on faults early – Having your boiler serviced annually means your Gas Safe engineer will be able to pick up on any faults with your boiler and fix them before they do any major and costly damage. Even if you only have a small issue with your boiler leaving it may make the problem worse so, it’s best not to ignore them.
- To prolong the lifespan of your boiler – When should you replace your boiler? Typically a boiler should last between 10-15 years providing it has been well maintained and serviced annually. As boilers get older they start to develop wear and tear. By having an annual boiler service the Gas Safe engineer will be able to identify parts that are wearing out and replace them. Therefore, you can prevent long term problems and will get more years out of your boiler.
- Save money on your heating bills – Most people think a boiler service is a waste of money because it costs you money. However, this isn’t always the case. The gas safe engineers will carry out all the relevant checks to ensure your boiler is running efficiently, which can normally save you money over time. Although the model and age of your boiler will determine just how energy efficient it is, improving your boiler’s efficiency will mean that it will use less energy to operate so, you will save money on your heating bills.
Please note, if you are a landlord then you are legally required to have gas safety checks carried out each year. It is a landlord’s responsibility to ensure the safety of their tenants. The gas safety check isn’t just on boilers, but all gas appliance in the property. You can book your landlords gas safety check in with Woods Building Maintenance. It makes it convenient to conduct the Landlord gas safety check at the same time as your boiler service. Call us today on 0330 3530 365 or contact us online to book in your Landlord Gas Safety Check.
Book an Annual Boiler Service with Woods Building Maintenance
Is it time to book your annual boiler service? Book your boiler service in with Woods Building Maintenance today! Call us on 0330 3530 365 and one of our friendly helpdesk advisers will book your boiler service in for a date and time that suits you and will minimise disruption to your day. Alternatively, you can use our online boiler service booking form to arrange your annual boiler service. All of our Gas engineers have the relevant qualifications, years of experience and are on the Gas Safe Register so, you can have peace of mind all boiler services carried out by our engineers are completed safely and efficiently to the highest standard.
Planned and Reactive Maintenance Company
Woods Building Maintenance is a planned and reactive maintenance company based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. We deliver our wide range of planned and reactive maintenance services to both domestic and commercial properties across the North of England. Our maintenance services are available 24/7, 365 days a year supported by our own 24/7 helpdesk.
Our planned and reactive maintenance services include:
- Gas services
- Plumbing services
- Electrical services
- Glazing and locks
- Drainage services
- Maintenance services
- Boiler installation
Here at Woods Building Maintenance, we pride ourselves on offering exceptional planned and reactive maintenance services at a competitive price without compromising on quality. Due to our high work ethic, superior service delivery and first class customer service we have quickly become a well-regarded planned and reactive maintenance company within our sector. From the moment you contact one of our friendly helpdesk advisors, you will receive first class customer care. Our advisers are always available to take care of your issue and send out the relevant tradesperson to your property ASAP.