With rising energy prices, the cost to heat our homes is expensive and the last thing we want is to be hit with an unexpected heating bill. In this article, we highlight 10 ways you can save money on your heating bill.
How to Save Money on your Heating Bill
During winter, we use more energy to heat our homes and for most of us our heating bill is an expensive necessity. However, there are a number of things you can do to help you save money on your heating bill making your house more sustainable to run.
10 Ways you can Save Money on your Heating Bill
Here are 10 ways you can save money on your heating bill:
- Switch to a new energy supplier – If you haven’t changed your energy supplier in the last couple of years then switching to a new energy supplier could save you money on your heating bill. Typically you get the biggest savings when you switch to a new energy supplier. However, you can still save money on your heating bill even if you don’t switch suppliers. If your current supplier is offering a cheaper tariff than the one you’re currently on, you could switch to it and save money.
- Upgrade to a new energy efficient boiler – Investing in a new energy efficient boiler for your home will bring you substantial savings on your heating bill, but this has to be offset against the cost of buying the new boiler. The cost of your new boiler will depend on your options and requirements. If you need a new boiler installation come to Woods Building Maintenance. We can install your new boiler within just 24 hours of your boiler at a competitive price. All of our Gas engineers are on the Gas Safe Register so, you can have peace of mind that your new boiler is installed safely and efficiently. To require a free boiler quote please call us on 0330 3530 365 or contact us online.
- Turn down your thermostat – Did you know that turning down your thermostat by 1ºC can save you money on your heating bill? According to the Energy Saving Trust, turning down your thermostat by just 1ºC can save you up to £75 a year in a typical household.
- Turn off standby appliances – Switching your appliances off standby mode could save you on average £30 a year.
- Insulate your home – Insulating your home can help to stop heat from escaping your home. A cold draught can cause your heat home to lose heating. Buying draught excluders or draught proofing kits will help to prevent heat escaping your home.
- Upgrade to double or triple glazing windows – Double or triple glazing windows will help to insulate your home from the cold, reduce your energy bills and also minimise noise. If you’re looking to upgrade the current windows in your home to double or triple glazing give our glazing team a call today on 0330 3530 365.
- Install a smart meter – Having a smart meter installed will allow you to see how munch you are spending on energy in your home in pounds and pence. Knowing how much you are spending on your heating will give you full control of how much you are spending on your heating bills.
- Keep furniture away from radiators – The foam in upholstered furniture is a heat insulator and prevents it from getting in your room. Moving your furniture away from the radiators will allow the heat to flow freely around the room.
- Avoid drying clothes on your radiators – Drying clothes on your radiators will lower the quantity of heat released by the radiators meaning the boiler will need to run for longer to achieve the same room temperature therefore, using more fuel.
- Wrap up warm – Putting on an extra layer of clothing or using a hot water bottle to keep you warm instead of cranking up the heating will help save you money on your heating bill.
Reactive Maintenance Company
Woods Building Maintenance is a reactive maintenance company based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. We offer a range of reactive maintenance services to both domestic and commercial properties across the North of England. Our maintenance services are available 24/7, 365 days a year supported by our own 24/7 helpdesk.
Our services include:
- Reactive maintenance services
- Gas services
- Plumbing services
- Electrical services
- Glazing and locks services
- Drainage services
- Maintenance services
- Building maintenance
Here at Woods Building Maintenance, we offer exceptional services at a competitive price without compromising on quality. Our builders, plumbers, gas engineers, drainage specialists and electricians all have the relevant qualifications and years of experience within the industry so, you can have peace of mind all work carried out by us is completed safely and efficiently to the highest standard. Not only do we pride ourselves in our superior service delivery but, also in our customer service. From the moment you contact one of our friendly helpdesk advisers you will receive first class customer care. Our helpdesk advisers are always on hand to answer any questions or queries you may have.
If you feel any of our services may be able to support your requirements, then please call our office today on 0330 3530 365 or contact us online.